first milestone Milestone 1 of Final Project
Overview: This assignment will be your first milestone as you begin to work on your final project, the theoretical analysis. In the previous module, you selected a theorist from the list of approved theorists for the theoretical analysis. Milestone One is an outline of Section I: Background of the final project. You do not need to complete a full draft of this section but an outline of the key points. This rubric will help you develop your outline for this assignment. Be sure to refer to the Final Project Guidelines and Rubric document to review the full assignment that you will submit in Module Nine and to see how your outline will be fleshed out later in the course. This will help you understand what needs to be included in your outline. Use the information you have been collecting in your research table to support you in this milestone.
Prompt: For this assignment, you will write an outline of Section I of the final project. The outline will list key points of the historical overview of your selected theorist. Next, list key points about the theory’s historical development and how the theory is used today.
- Background: In this section, you will analyze the key concepts and background of your Be sure to include any supporting research that you plan to use to make your point in each element of the outline.
- Provide a list of key points on the historical overview of your selected theorist. List some additional information related to biographical information and historical events that influenced the
- List key points of the historical development of the theory based on the context of the theorist who you have researched so far in the Note any relevant research for quick reference. List the major key points about how your chosen theory compares with the prevailing theory/theories in practice during this time period. How does the theory relate to the work of earlier theorists?
- Organize a list of the key concepts of your chosen theory as conceived by the Reference any supporting research for quick retrieval.
- Discuss how the theory is used today, identifying key points about how the concept is used today and how the theory has changed over
Guidelines for Submission: Your outline must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document with 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins. Use an outline format for this assignment. Include a reference page with any sources cited in APA format.
|Critical Elements||Proficient (100%)||Needs Improvement (80%)||Not Evident (0%)||Value|
|Background: Historical Overview||Provides a list of the major key historical events that influenced the theorist, including additional supporting relevant research||Provides a list of the major key historical events that influenced the theorist, but outline does not reference supporting relevant research or historical context contains inaccuracies||Does not provide a list of key historical events that influenced the theorist||25|
|Background: Historical Development||Lists the key points of the historical development of the theory and includes supporting research||Lists the key points of the historical development of the theory, but does not include supporting research or the key points contain inaccuracies||Does not list any key points about the historical development of the theory||25|
|Background: Key Concepts||Outlines the key concepts of theory, including supporting research||Outlines a partial list of the key concepts of the theory, or does not include supporting research||Does not outline the key concepts of theory||25|
|Background: How the Theory Is Used Today||Identifies key points about the initial application of the theory and its current use||Identifies an incomplete list of key points about the initial application of the theory and its current use||Does not identify key points about the initial application of the theory and its current use||25|