BSN4020 Unit 1 Discussion 1 & 2
Using Evidence-Based Health Assessments
During your BSN program, you have been introduced to the importance of using an evidence-based model for practice. In this discussion, you will explore evidence-based techniques and strategies that can be used when conducting health assessments by reflecting on the following elements:
Based on your independent research, identify and discuss existing best practices for conducting a health assessment.
- Identify and discuss key factors included in an assessment at various levels (community, group, or individual).
- Analyze the impact of information systems, technology, and telecommunication on direct and indirect patient care and nursing practice in relation to conducting a health assessment.
Be sure to support your discussion with references to the literature as appropriate.
Respond to at least one peer, offering constructive feedback or opportunities to extend the discussion.
Health Assessment Strategies in Professional Practice
As part of your Unit 3 assignment, you will be asked to conduct an assessment of a particular population. For this discussion, consider the following questions:
- What population are you considering choosing and why?
- What are the key factors you intend to include in your assessment?
- How will you use your knowledge of assessment to complete this particular assessment?
- What additional challenges might you face based on the population you have selected?
Feel free to ask your peers to help with any questions you might have, give advice or counsel on a particular direction you want to go, or consult with them in any other way you would find helpful.
Respond to at least one of your peers. Collaboration is often the key to good outcomes. Offer questions to clarify thinking, observations to expand thinking, and encouragement to keep forward movement.