BSN4020 Unit 3 Assignment 1 Latest 2017 March
Health Assessment and Communication
This assignment is the first component of your Professional Development Portfolio.
Conduct a health assessment of a particular population and create an audience-appropriate PowerPoint presentation in which you distribute the results of the assessment.
This component allows you to demonstrate your proficiency for Program Outcomes 1 and 5:
- Program Outcome 1: Health Assessment: Conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations.
- Program Outcome 5:Communication: Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, including interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaboration for quality outcomes.
Conduct a health assessment of a population of your choice.
- To accomplish this, describe the key factors that make up an assessment at each of the following levels:
- Explain the process for completing a comprehensive health assessment.
- Complete the assessment.
- Write a completed a 3–5 page summary of the results of the health assessment and an explanation of the process you used to conduct it. Be sure to include a brief description of the population you selected.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation in which you present your health assessment to your colleagues in one of the following venues that most closely resembles something you might do in your current clinical setting:
- Multidisciplinary team rounds.
- An in-service for team members.
- A meeting of key stakeholders to conduct a multidisciplinary assessment of your selected client population.
To accomplish this, think about the characteristics of the audience you will be presenting your information to:
- What type of information would be appropriate for this group?
- What style of presentation might get the information across in the best way?
- In the notes section of the first slide, describe the characteristics of your target audience.
- In the notes section of each subsequent slide, explain why you are including the information presented on the slide, and support your information with valid scholarly resources.
- The final slide should be the reference list for the resources you used in your presentation.
- There is no required number of slides for the PowerPoint presentation, but you should be sure you address the health assessment as completely as possible for your target audience.
- A title page and reference page for each part.
- Resources: At least three current scholarly or professional resources (a total of three needed for both parts).
- Format:All references must be presented in current APA format.
- Font (Part 1 only): Times New Roman, 12 point.
Read the Health Assessment and Communication Scoring Guide to see how you will be graded on this assignment. You will have a chance to revise this assessment before submitting it as part of your final project.
You are requiredto submit your assignment (Part I only) to the Turnitin source matching tool. After receiving your Turnitin report make sure you submit both the report and your Health Assessment and Communication paper in the assignment area. Submitting your assignment to Turnitin does not mean you have submitted the assignment to the instructor.
Submit in the assignment area:
- A completed a 3–5 page summary of the results of the health assessment and an explanation of the process you used to conduct it.
- Your PowerPoint presentation with slide notes to your instructor that explain your reasons for both including the information you included and the way you chose to present the information.
- Turnitin Report for Part 1.