BSN4020 Unit 9 Discussion 1 Latest 2017 March
Organizational Analysis and Change Implementation
To effectively implement any change within a healthcare organization, a thorough analysis of the organization is an essential first step. For this discussion, consider the following:
- Discuss the difference between microsystems and macrosystems.
- Describe the organizational structure of your healthcare facility.
- How are decisions made in your organization? Is the decision process centralized or decentralized?
- Discuss the incentives and forces that drive a shift toward quality improvement in healthcare.
- Analyze how standards and performance measurement can be used to promote quality improvement.
- What would be the process to initiate, implement, and sustain a process improvement change in your organization?
- What barriers might be encountered and how could they be overcome?
Be sure to support your discussion with references to the literature as appropriate.
Respond to at least one of your peers, offering constructive feedback or opportunities for further discussion.