Capella BSN4012 Unit 10 Discussion
Leadership and Culture
- For this discussion, you will formulate your own philosophy of nursing based on personal beliefs and on values. Reflect on the following questions to assist you in the development of your philosophy.
- How can nurses influence patient care, based on their nursing philosophy?
- Are compassion, discernment, trustworthiness, and integrity essential both personally and professionally?
- Do nurses have an ethical responsibility to demonstrate caring and maintain current competencies?
- How would you address human dignity and social justice within your nursing philosophy?
Your initial posting should be at least 150 words, and you must make reference to the work of another writer (either as a quotation, paraphrase, or summary) to provide support for your ideas. The source can be the course text, another relevant book, any assigned readings, or an article you find on your own through the Capella library. When you incorporate the other writer’s ideas in your work, use APA citation style to give credit to that writer. Remember that an APA citation includes both the in-text citation (the author’s last name and the year of publication) and the full reference for the source.
Review the posts of your fellow learners and respond to at least one. Your response post should be at least 75 words. In your response, you must do one or more of the following:
- Ask a probing question.
- Offer a suggestion.
- Elaborate on a particular point.
- Provide an alternative opinion supported with scholarly references.