Capella BSN4016 Unit 3 Assignment 1
- For this assignment, you will select and examine a disease or health condition that requires a pharmacological intervention. You may choose any disease or health condition you wish, but the disease or health condition must be relevant to nurses in a variety of settings (for example, the E.R., pediatrics, public health). Once you have selected and identified a disease or health condition, identify the areas where nurses are likely to see the disease or health condition.
- Identify the disease or health condition.
- Describe the health issues or symptoms associated with the condition.
- Identify drugs most often used in the treatment of the condition.
- Explain the types of actions, side effects, indications, and contraindications that could be expected from this pharmacological treatment.
- Describe the treatment regime (including pharmacology) that is most often prescribed for this condition.
- Explain how this treatment regime, including pharmacology, impacts a client’s lifestyle (including financials, ease of administration – complexity, how hard are instructions to understand – frequency, length of medication).
- Are there any controversies related to the medication? For example, is there a black box warning with this medication?
- Describe how a nurse should monitor a client being treated for this condition in order to obtain a quality patient outcome.
- Length of paper: Be as specific as possible, but try to limit this assignment to no more than 4 pages, not including title page and reference page.
- References: Support your plan with references to at least two resources, in which one resource should be outside the required readings for this course.
- Formatting: Follow proper APA style and formatting.