Capella BSN4016 Unit 7 Discussion 1
- Review Leading Health Indicators on the HealthyPeople Web site.
- Select one of the health indicators and respond to the following:
- How prevalent is this issue in your community or workplace?
- What community health promotion strategies are in place to assist with this issue?
- What pharmacological agents are typically used to treat the issue? Is there a particular procedure performed in conjunction with the drugs?
- How do you educate the group of patients?
- What cultural factors or barriers contribute to the group’s health disparity?
- Are the outcomes being measured? If so, how? If not, how might they be measured?
- Support your observations and strategies with information found in this week’s reading assignment and the scholarly literature
For instance, obesity is one of the major health disparities that nurses encounter in their practices today.
- Consider the patient population you care for, is obesity a common health concern among a specific group?
- What type of pharmacological agents do you typically administer as part of the treatment for obesity?
- Is there a particular procedure performed in conjunction with the drugs?
- How do you educate this group of patients?
- What cultural factors or barriers contribute to the group’s health disparity (obesity)?
Respond to the post of one of your peers. Try to respond to a peer who selected a different health indicator than you. Discuss the similarities and differences in your communities. What interventions would you suggest that might improve the situation? Your response should indicate that you have read the weekly readings and contain at least one reference. Additionally, make sure that your response is in accordance with any of the established faculty expectations. Always be sure to follow proper APA style and formatting for any citations and references.