Interprofessional Team Collaboration
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain strategies for effective interprofessional teamwork and collaboration in health care delivery.
- Identify challenges of working in interprofessional teams.
- Describe strategies to help people work effectively together.
- Competency 2: Analyze the implications of working with interprofessional teams in multifaceted health care settings.
- Explain the meaning of the term “interprofessional collaboration” from a nursing perspective.
- Explain how interprofessional teams define success.
- Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient safety.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of interprofessional teams for health care organizations, interprofessional team members, and patients.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with the expectations for a nursing professional.
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format paper, citations, and references using APA style.
The majority of health care leaders today state that interprofessional collaboration is essential for effective and efficient health care delivery. But this type of collaboration rarely occurs (Bankston & Glazer, 2013). What does it take to develop interprofessional collaborative teams? You will explore this question in this assignment.
Search the Capella library and Internet to locate scholarly and professional journal articles on the elements of an effective interprofessional health care team to use as support in this assignment.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Explain from a nursing perspective what is meant by the term interprofessional collaboration. (Do not simply copy a definition from a dictionary or other resource!)
- Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient care and safety.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of interprofessional teams for health care organizations, members of a team, and patients.
- Identify the challenges of working in an interprofessional team.
- Describe strategies to help people come together to function effectively as a collaborative team.
- Explain how interprofessional teams define success. Consider how the definition might change based on the types of situations the team was formed to handle.
Your completed assignment should be 3–4 pages in length, not including title page and reference page. Support your statements with references to and citations for at least 3 scholarly and professional journals. Be sure to follow APA guidelines for style and format. In addition:
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double–space your paper.
Refer to the Interprofessional Team Collaboration Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
Note:Your instructor may also use the APA Writing Feedback Rubric to provide additional feedback on your academic writing. The writing feedback rubric does not affect your assignment grade, but its feedback may factor into the grading criteria, if professional communication and writing is a course competency. Evaluate your own work using this rubric. Refer to the Learner Guide for instructions on viewing instructor feedback.