NR512 Week 5 HealthIT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
HealthIT Topic of Week Assignment
Guidelineswith Scoring Rubric
This assignment is designed to help students
- Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings.Students will select a “hot” or popular topic of particular interest to their practice to discuss. The topic will be selected from the website using the link provided in the course Assignments section.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the following ability.
(CO 6) Describe health information systems within healthcare setting and the profession of nursing in all practice domains and settings including electronic health records (EHR), their management and patient-care information technology (IT). (PO 4)
(CO 7) ExploretrendsandissuesinNIandtheirimpactonnursingpracticeinall domains.(POs9,11)
Due Date:Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5.
Total Points Possible: 125
Students will login to FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT using the link provided in the course Assignments and select a “current/popular” topic of the week that may impact their practice. Students, in a professionally developed paper, will discuss the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive or negative manner, citing pros and cons. Include a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future. Submit completed FierceHealthIT Topic paper for Wk. 5 to dropbox by end of Week 5.
Preparing the paper
- 1. TheFierceEMR and FierceHealthITCurrent/Popular Topic of the Week assignmentmust be a professional, scholarly prepared paper. See the guidelines for writing a professional, scholarly paper in the Course Resources. The professional paper will have an introduction, body of paper to explain what you are doing, summary/conclusion, and at least three scholarly references.
- 2. Required texts may be used as references, but a minimum of three sources must be from outside of course readings.
- 3. All aspects of the paper must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
- 4. The paper (excluding the title page, introduction and reference page) is 4-6 pages in length.
- 5. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
- 6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing