NUR 560: Nursing Service Administration
DIRECTIONS FOR THE ESSAY EXAMINATION
The purpose of the Essay Exam is to find out how well you can approach the given question(s) and write an essay. You will have a week to write an essay on the given question(s).
Listed below, along with some instructions are a few ideas and hints which will assist you execute your finest on the essay.
- You will be given a question. Read the question vigilantly and select the one on which you feel you can do your best writing.
- Begin setting up your paper as soon as you have been given the exam question. Making an outline or notes about your plans might prove helpful.
- Organization of your essay is important. In general, the passing essay will have a central idea that is directly related to the assigned question; have a clear organizational plan; develop points with evidence and details in a coherent, logical, and non-repetitious way; and avoid frequent or serious errors in grammar, word choice, and sentence structure.
- Allow yourself a little time at the end of your writing to check your paper and make any needed changes.
- You must type your essay. Essays written in pen/pencils will not be graded.
- The graders must be able to read your essay.
- Your paper will be read and evaluated by your instructor.
Please make sure to read the following question and answer it accordingly:
Question: How can you translate / relate research evidence based practice (EBP) into nursing code of ethics? Try to link your answer to ANA’s Standards of Professional Practice (PPS) that are related to EBP and ethics.
To answer this question; you are required to use at least two references from a related nursing research article published within the last five years.
Make sure to answer each question according to the following criteria:
1- The maximum number of pages is 3 pages excluding reference list.
2- Use DOUBLE LINE spacing
3- Use the FONT of “Times New Roman”
4- Use font SIZE of 12
5- Use HEADINGS and SUBHEADINGS
6- Provide an APA reference list